It's that special time of year where there seems to be a glut of everything. People lucky enough to have apple trees are desperate to share their fruit and I am happy to take it.
A kind parent from the school gave me a load of apples and pears. Usually it's chutney, but this year I've not made any. I had a birthday party and ended up giving away a load of the apples and pears to my family - quote from my cousin "these apples taste how apples should really taste."
From the few that I had left today, I made this delicious pork shoulder with sliced apples, sage and potatoes. Delicious.
What you need:
- Pork shoulder (mine was from the butcher, not sure on the weight by cost me £8. They scored the skin for me too)
- 2 potatoes sliced
- 4 apples chunky sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- Handful of sage leaves
What to do:
- Mix the potatoes, apples, onion ans sage leaves with a little olive oil
- Place onto the bottom of your roasting tin
- Place the pork shoulder on top. Put a bit of salt and pepper on the skin.
- Pop into a preheated oven at it's highest temp for 20 mins
- After 20mins turn down to 200 (fan oven