I am a great fan of pulled pork and have tried a few, this one is definitely worth a mention. Adapted from this recipe, definitely worth a try.
What you need:
- 1 pork shoulder
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp English mustard
- 10 tbsp apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 4 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tube of tomato puree (150g)
- Ground pepper
What to do:
- Turn on your slow cooker to auto (if your slow cooker does have this function, cook on low for around 8-9 hours)
- Roughly chop the garlic and throw in
- Add the ACV, honey, mustard and garlic to the slow cooker and give it a good mix
- Mix all the try ingredients and then rub into the pork shoulder and then put the pork into the slow cooker
- Cook for at least 7 hours or until the meat is all falling off
- Shred the meat and return to the slow cooker with all that lovely liquid
I made in my slow cooker, but you also easily make in the oven too (pot with a lid, or tight foil cover). Probably around 130 for 6 hours, depending on the type of pot you use.
Being the cave-woman that I am, I would quite happily chomp on this straight out of the pot. Also good served with a crusty roll, or mash. Maybe even some rice and greens. Leftovers were in the freezer and had been consumed for lunch too.