Oh yes.... All the time. Love love love. This time I managed to freeze 6 portions!
Wednesday, 18 September 2013
The slow cooker is back out again. Went to a Chinese supermarket with my half-birthday buddie (after a fairly restrained night out before) and picked up beef shin and oxtail. Mostly in the freezer until another time but for now here is what happened.... I chucked in to a slow cooker
* beef shin coated in plain flour and mustard powder
* kohlrabi peeled and chopped into biggish chunks
* a load of carrots peeled and chopped
* celery sticks peeled andchunked
* tin of chopped tomatoes
* half bottle of red heated with a kallo beef stock cube
* a load of mini potatoes peeled
* pearl barley washed
* a few onions peeled and in chunks
8 hours later......
Email me for exact quantities
Tuesday, 3 September 2013
For the salad:
- a small gem lettuce chopped
- small chopped red pepper
- a carrot peeled and grated
- a very small red onion sliced
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- tin of tuna drained and squeezed a bit to reduce the water content.
- cooked wild rice (I use a small cup to measure out and is just right for me)
- olive oil (1 part)
- cider vinegar (2 part)
- squeeze of honey
- teaspoon of grain mustard
- Mix all the salad ingredients together and make sure the rice is cold and fully drained
- Put the dressing ingredients into a small jam jar and give a good shake.
- When transporting to work have the salad in a container and only put the dressing on when you're about to eat. Give it all a big stir ideally in a bigger separate bowl.