Not sure if it is the massive cleaning frenzy today or the weather but am feeling achey and rubbish.
On the planner tonight we were going to have pasta anyway and this is nice and comforting.
What you need
- a garlic clove peeled and crushed
- knob of butter (ideally unsalted or use oil)
- a couple of chopped rashers of unsmoked Bacon
- some broccoli florette in smallish pieces
- some green beans
- handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- small tub of single cream
- Match stick size parmesan fine fly grated
- pasta for 1 1/2
What to do
1. Put the pan on to cook the pasta
2. In the same pan cook the veg (not tomatoes) for 4 min
3. Fry the garlic in a frying pan with the butter for a couple of mins then add the Bacon and fry until brown. Then turn off the heat
4. When the pasta and veg have cooked strain
5. Turn the frying pan back in and add the cream, slowly heating so it doesn't curdle.
6. When hot add the grated cheese and stir until melted and add a twist of pepper
7. Add the veg, pasta and tomatoes and give it all a good stir through.
8. Serve and eat!
1/2 is going through a slow eating phase at the moment. Last night she took 40 mins to eat and tonight it was 35!!