A dear friend bought me a slow cooker cookbook and I have been meaning to try this recipe for a while. Well, mine as usual was an adaptation. Totally forgot about celeriac. This was truly delicious and will be making again. This is enough for 3 meals that serve 1 1/2.
1/2 really enjoyed this. She does like lamb (a lot) and this dish is quite sweet will all the fruit.
What you need
- 3 Lamb shanks
- flour to dust
- 2 bay leaves
- a few thyme sprigs
- 1 large sliced onion
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 25 stoned prunes
-2 peeled, cord and thickly sliced apples
- 250ml orange juice
- 100ml white wine
- 150ml chicken stock
What to do
1. Lightly coat the shanks in flour and brown in a frying pan with a little oil. When done put in slow cooker.
2. In the frying pan add a little more oil and gently fry the onion , garlic and herbs for about 7-10 mins.
3. Add all the liquid and bring to boil. Then add to the slow cooker.
4. Add the prunes and apple to the slow cooker and give it a mix.
5. Cook for 6+ hours. Mine has an 'auto' setting so its high for I think 2 hours and then switches to normal.
6. Serve with cous cous. Yum!