½ quite likes it too - with the pasta and lovely tomato flavors.
Not quite chicken noodle soup, but still very comforting.
Here's my version...
What you need
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 sprig of rosemary chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 inches of cooked chorizo skin off and chopped into chunks or bacon lardons
- 2 celery sticks peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots - peeled and diced
- 1 small swede peel and diced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3.5 pints of vegetable or chicken stock
- Around 100g of small pasta or spaghetti broken to short pieces
- 10-20 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 savoy cabbage chopped in large chunks
What to do
- Fry the onion, garlic and rosemary in a little oil until soften and golden
- Add the chorizo and cook for a couple of minutes
- Add the carrot, celery and swede and cook for a couple of minutes
- Then add the tomato puree and give a big mix
- When the tomato puree looks like it's all mixed in and starting to cook down, add the stock and a little seasoning
- Simmer for 20 mins
- Add the pasta and cook for 5 mins (I am assuming dried pasta that usually takes 11 mins to cook)
- Then add the cherry tomatoes and savoy cabbage and cook for 5 mins
You can cut the tomatoes in half, but ½ quite likes whole cherry toms partially cooked.
I had this for lunch at work the following day and it still tasted good. I thought the pasta would get all soggy but it was fine.