With ½ still settling at school and me hanging around I finally did some major weeding in the garden and dug all my potatoes up. Sounds Glam and exciting doesn't it.... actually not that many potatoes but enough to make a chicken and potato curry. Wanted to make a massaman but didn't have any cardom pods but this was just as tasty and I also got to use up a red pepper and mushrooms I had hanging around.
What you need
- some potatoes peeled and same kind of size
- a couple of chicken drumsticks and thighs
- a chopped onion
- a pepper broadly sliced
- some mushrooms halved or quartered or whole
- tin of coconut milk
- fish sauce
- dark soya sauce
- lemon grass - I used the tube one bit about 2 sticks crushed up
- some dried chilli pepper- to your tasting
What to do
- Brown the chicken for about 5-7min
- Add the chopped onion and cook for 3-4mins
- Add the pepper and mushroom and potatoes and cook for a couple of mins
- Add the coconut milk then add the lemongrass and cook foe a couple of mins before adding the dark soya sauce (a splash) and about a tablespoon of fish sauce
- Add the chilli if using. This is to taste so as much or as little as you choose.
- Turn down and simmer for about t 20 mins.