Often I will buy a bird and butcher it up as it's much more cost effective and far more fun!
This Sunday (after a couple of days camping in the nosiest site ever), we came home and I roasted a chicken. So:
- Sunday night roast (with lovely Lyonnaise potatoes and allotmet veg)
- Monday dinner for me was chicken and sweetcorn soup (as I have been unwell)
- Chicken fried rice (for ½)
- Left over plain rice and chicken the following day
- An additional 2 portions good enough for more fried rice
Now, even for 1½ I think that's an impressive amount of meals from a £4 chicken!
Here were the lovely Lyonnaise potatoes:
And check out the Yorkshire Puddings:
The chicken fried rice:
Chicken and sweetcorn soup: