What you need:
- Rack of ribs
- 4tbsp brown sugar
- clove of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of ginger (grated)
- 90ml cider or wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon 5 spice
- 60ml water
- A slow cooker - important!
What to do:
- Wash the rack of ribs then put in a pan with cold water with the malt vinegar
- Boil for about 15-20mins, skim off the crap that comes off it
- Put all the other ingredients in pan and bring to a boil for about 5/10 mins (not big boil, just so it all melts and reduces a bit)
- Drain the rack of ribs
- Put in the slow cooker and pour over the sauce
- Cook in the slow cooker for about 5 hours, turn a couple of times and baste a couple of times
- When you are ready to heat, you can put it in a hot oven for about 10 mins to get that burntness.
It's bloody delicious and totally falls off the bone. No need to go to Bodeans again!